- Renewal of the tenure of Mr Jean-Paul Agon as Director and as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
- Renewal of the tenure as Director of Mr Xavier Fontanet
- Appointment as Director of Mrs Belén Garijo
- Approval of a dividend of €2.50, up by +8.7%
- All the resolutions submitted to the Annual General Meeting were approved by a large majority
The Annual General Meeting of L’Oréal shareholders was held in Paris on Thursday, April 17, 2014, under the chairmanship of Mr Jean-Paul Agon, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer.
The Annual General Meeting in particular:
- approved the parent company financial statements and the consolidated financial statements for 2013;
- decided on the payment of a dividend of €2.50 per share. This dividend is increased to €2.75 for shares held in registered form continuously for at least 2 years. Dividend payment date: Monday, May 5, 2014;
- appointed a new Director, Mrs Belén Garijo, for a 4-year term;
- renewed the tenure of two Directors, Mr Jean-Paul Agon and Mr Xavier Fontanet, for a 4-year term;
- approved the related-party agreements relating to the acquisition from Nestlé of 48.5 million L'Oréal shares and the sale to Nestlé of its stake in Galderma.
The Board of Directors, which met at the end of the Annual General Meeting, has decided to renew the duties of Jean-Paul Agon as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer.
The results of the votes are available at www.loreal-finance.com
. A summary of the proceedings of the Annual General Meeting will be provided in the next L’Oréal “Letter to Shareholders”, available on request and at www.loreal-finance.com
"This news release does not constitute an offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to buy L'Oréal shares. If you wish to obtain more comprehensive information about L'Oréal, please refer to the public documents registered in France with the Autorité des Marchés Financiers, also available in English on our Internet site www.loreal-finance.comThis news release may contain some forward-looking statements. Although the Company considers that these statements are based on reasonable hypotheses at the date of publication of this release, they are by their nature subject to risks and uncertainties which could cause actual results to differ materially from those indicated or projected in these statements."
Contacts at L'Oréal
Individual shareholders and market authorities
Mr Jean Régis CAROF
Tel.: +33 1 47 56 83 02
Financial analysts and institutional investors
Mrs Françoise LAUVIN
Tel.: +33 1 47 56 86 82
Mrs Stephanie CARSON-PARKER
Tel.: +33 1 47 56 76 71
Tel.: +33 1 47 56 70 00
For more information, please contact your bank, broker or financial institution (I.S.I.N. code: FR0000120321), and consult your usual newspapers, and the Internet site for shareholders and investors, www.loreal-finance.com, or call +33 1 40 14 80 50.
Read the news release in a pdf file